16 June 2006

pulp - "like a friend" (from the great expectations ost, available for purchase here.)

don't bother saying you're sorry,
why don’t you come in?
smoke all my cigarettes again.

everytime i get no further.
how long has it been?
come on in now,
wipe your feet on my dreams.

you take up my time,
like some cheap magazine
when i could have been
learning something,
well, you know what i mean.

i've done this before,
and i will do it again.
c'mon and kill me, baby,
while you smile like a friend.

oh and i'll come running
just to do it again.

you are that last drink i never should have drunk.
you are the body hidden in the trunk.
you are the habit i can't seem to kick.
you are my secrets on the front page every week.
you are the car i never should have bought.
you are the train i never should have caught.
you are the cut that makes me hide my face.
you are the party that makes me feel my age.
you're like a car crash i can see but i just can't avoid.
you're like a plane i've been told i never should board.
you're like a film that's so bad but i've just got to stay 'til the end.

let me tell you that it's lucky for you that we're friends.

No comments: