19 September 2005

mike skinner / bloc party - "banquet (the streets remix)"

at least, i think that's the right way to credit it. don't know much about this except what i read on nme.com, which says this:
MIKE SKINNER has written a brand new song – which is an apology to JO WHILEY for stealing her microphone years ago.

The track, which has Streets star rapping over Bloc Party's 'Banquet', apologies to the Radio 1 DJ for stealing the mic, which he then went on to record the Number One single 'Dry Your Eyes' with.

He raps: "I did something bad but always vowed to my soul / That if my next record increased the amount of albums I sold / enough for Mike not to end up back out on the dole / I promised I'd promptly send you back what I stole."

He continues: "I don't feel good about it and I don't want to repeat it / But the mic went pride of place on 'A Grand Don't Come For Free'."

The song is currently circulating online. Skinner is currently working on his third album, which is due later this year, or at the start of 2006.
all mea culpas should be this entertaining (and should lift the best bits of bloc party, i.e. not kele's vocals).

No comments: