04 September 2001

"september's comin' soon...": which is a line from r.e.m.'s "nightswimming." (my thinking that this song is beautiful is yet another symptom of my age.) which is doubly, dare i say, triply ominous for me. september, of course, signifies the end of the summer; the end of the summer means the beginning of autumn, where leaves aren't the only things that begin to fall; and september is the month of my birth (the fifteenth, to be exact) which only serves to remind me that i'm getting OLDER.

on another note, thanx to michael daddino for purchasing for me from my amazon wishlist james joyce's finnegans wake. also, thanx to mike for RUINING THE SURPRISE FOR ME. but, hey, you still have the opportunity to get me somethin' nice too while keeping it a secret, no less. i won't even mind if it arrives late. so go ahead and do it. otherwise, i'll kill myself. yeah!

No comments: